Ex-VPs Robredo, Binay, De Castro won’t attend SONA 2024

GMA Logo
Spread the love


Former Vice Presidents Leni Robredo, Jejomar Binay, and Noli de Castro will not be attending President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos’ third State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 22, House Secretary General Reginald Velasco said.

Advertisements

“[Former] VP Robredo sent regrets [that she can’t attend], as well as former VP Binay,” Velasco told reporters.

Robredo served as vice president during then President Rodrigo Duterte’s term from 2016 to 2022. Binay, on the other hand, was vice president during the tenure of President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III from 2010 to 2016. 

Velasco also said that De Castro, who served as vice president during the term of former President Gloria Arroyo from 2004 to 2010, will not also attend.

Advertisements
Advertisements

“We were told by VP Noli’s staff that he won’t be able to attend, but he is yet to make it official,” he added.

Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements

Velasco said former Presidents Rodrigo Duterte and Joseph Estrada are yet to confirm attendance.

Vice President Sara Duterte is also yet to confirm if she will be present,

Velasco earlier said there is no deadline for confirming attendance or non-attendance for VIPs, which include former presidents and vice presidents.

During President Marcos’ second SONA last year, Vice President Duterte sat beside First Lady Liza Marcos. But the two had a falling out after Duterte’s family members made drug accusations against the President.—AOL, GMA Integrated News



Source link

Advertisements

Please Login to Comment.

Verified by MonsterInsights